Angelina Jolie Says She’s “Absolutely” Quitting Acting

by - noiembrie 20, 2014


Angelina Jolie has had quite the year playing many roles: hard-working director, beaming bride, and the only actress to open a film in the top five at the box office so far this year. 
Jolie explains why, as one of the most popular, beloved, and successful movie stars in the world, she would want to give it all up:
I’ve never been comfortable as an actor; I’ve never loved being in front of the camera. I didn’t ever think I could direct, but I hope I’m able to have a career at it because I’m much happier.
But fans of watching Jolie perform on-screen, worry not. She still has at leastone project in front of the camera. The much-ballyhooed By the Sea has Jolie both directing and co-starring with husband Brad Pitt. Jolie describes the juggling act of playing all three roles (actress, director, and wife) at once:

The tricky thing is directing myself and directing Brad. It’s hard, dramatic material, and we’re balancing. . . . It’s a heavy film, and it’s not easy for us. But even as you struggle through it, you’re in the trenches together and you don’t expect it to be easy. We’re challenging each other and that’s a really good thing.

Before she makes good on her threat to quit acting, Jolie will also reprise her voice role in the Kung Fu Panda franchise, and there are some tantalizingrumors of a sequel to 2010’s Salt. But knowing that every role might be Jolie’s last makes each one precious.


You May Also Like

0 comments